Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lollipop Heart Flowers

Tyson wanted to bring something special to school for Valentine's day. We looked on Pinterest for ideas, and stumbled upon flower suckers. Tyson decided he wanted the flowers to look like hearts.


These were so simple and inexpensive to make. We had most of the supplies at home. The only thing we had to purchase was bags of suckers. (It came to a total of two dollars!)

Supplies:
Construction paper (Red & Green)

Lollipops (I used hearts, but regular is great too.)
Scissors
Glue stick
Pencil, markers or whatever you prefer to write with
Heart shape cookie cutter to trace (Optional)


Instructions:
Cut out a heart shape larger than the lollipop.

Glue the lollipop to the wrapper.

Fold green constuction paper in half and cut out a leaf shape.  
(Leave both sides attached.)

Unfold the "leaf" and coat the entire inside surface with glue.

Attach the leaf to the lollipop stem, and press firmly to secure.

Add child's name to the leaf (optional) and you're done!




5 comments:

  1. This is such a nice and simple idea! I'm also going to pin this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thank you for leaving such a lovely comment for me. I shall be following you after I've left this. Love the lollipops! what a clever idea. Lovely to meet you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!
    I think I will make some of these for my girls - they'll love it.
    Can you believe our school is encouraging kids to NOT send candy attached to Valentines!!?? They don't want the kids to have the sugar during school. Honestly -- where's the fun it that? They suggested pencils and erasers instead of candy. Spoil Sports!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't this just adorable, and sweet?! -I love it Melly! Your sons classmates are going to adore these. Simple, and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea for my daughters classmates! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit my blog at www.tairaxo.com I look forward to your visit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...