Monday, September 2, 2013

Despicable Me Sixth Birthday Party

After my son changed his mind several times, he finally decided on a birthday theme. This year he decided to go with Despicable Me! It's one of his favorite movies, and he loves the little yellow minions. I had to get creative when it came to creating this party. There is nothing minion or Despicable Me themed around my area. Good thing for the internet and some hard work!

I had three different stations for the kids. The first one was a coloring corner, second was a minion making station and last was a dress up area. All the kids loved dressing up. It was a big hit! Even some of the adults got in the spirit.

For food we had fruits, veggies, salads, meats and more. I also made cookies, cake and brownie pops. The taste of the cake/brownie pops weren't the best. But, that's what I get for cheating and not making it from scratch. Next year I'm definitely going to make a cake completely from scratch.

All around it was a perfect day. Tyson was spoiled and received so many amazing presents. He's such a loved and lucky boy.

For anyone who has read my other blog entries, already knows the little tradition I have going on. Each year on my sons birthday, I take a picture just of him. I make sure he wears a special birthday shirt, or a pin. In this case, it's a personalized t-shirt. I bought the shirt from Walmart, along with transfer paper. The transfer paper was used to put the image on the shirt. I followed the printing and transferring instructions, and voila!


















5 comments:

  1. What a cute party! You're really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Jenn! :) There was so much more I wanted to do. But, I'm happy with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, it's lovely to see you there! Wow what a fantastic party! I love all the co-ordinated colours and those nails!! Happy birthday to your lovely little boy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jess! :) It was a great day! My son is blessed to have so many amazing people in his life. (I am too, of course!)

    I appreciate you stopping by my blog as well. Hope to see you around again.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic party! Happy Birthday to your lucky son!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...