Friday, April 5, 2013

Rainbow Tie Dye Cake

Step one:
Prepare your favorite white cake mix. Divide mixture into 6 bowls, and make each bowl a different color with food dye. (I used red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.)

Step two:
Grease two 9 inch cake pans with butter, pam spray or whatever you prefer.

Step three:
Layer cake batter in concentric circles. Use roughly 3/4 of the bowl for your bottom color. Then, gradually use a little less of each color as you continue.

Step four:
Bake your cake as directed, and make sure not to overcook.

Step five:
Allow the cake to cool cool completely, frost/decorate as desired and enjoy!

***
My cake is far from perfect, but I wanted to show how I "tie dye" a cake. I had so many people ask how it was done, so I thought posting a blog would be easiest.









8 comments:

  1. That looks almost too pretty to eat!! I've always wanted to try making this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :) Thank you so much Lindsay! This cake took a little bit of time, but it was so easy. You should give it a shot sometime, it's fun!

      Delete
  2. Love it! You are awesome I cannot believe how easy it is..(until I do it myself)! I will do this for my daughter's birthday in September! Until then...I will have to keep this tute somewhere safe! :D Thanks!

    sophieandmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw!! Thank you soooo much for the fantastic comment, and for pinning my blog post. I truly appreciate it! :)

      I just checked out your blog, and it's great! You have a new follower on both your blog and Twitter.

      Thank you once again for stopping by! I can't wait to read your posts.

      *hugs*
      Melly

      ps -- My little ones birthday is in September too! (He'll be six this year... Guess he's not that little anymore haha!)

      Delete
  3. PINNED IT :)
    http://pinterest.com/pin/59109813831735674/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best! Thank you once again! :)

      Delete
  4. I always wanted to do a rainbow cake. Maybe I will do one for my son 5th birthday! Thanks for posting, your cake looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank YOU for checking out my post, and commenting. :) It really is so so SO easy to make! It takes a little time to prepare the colors, but the results are so fun.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...