Monday, March 11, 2013

Rainbow Pancakes

Tyson had a great March break, and was definitely not in the mood to wake up for therapy this morning. (I don't blame him. I didn't want to get out of bed either.) The first 30 minutes of the day was rough. He was tired, cranky and didn't want to do any work. But after he warmed up, he did a fantastic job. Since Tyson tried so hard in therapy, I decided to make him a surprise lunch. With St. Patrick's day being this weekend, I wanted to make something festive. I decided on rainbow pancakes!

Step 1:
Whip up a batch of your favorite pancake mix and separate into 5 bowls. ( I used Bob's Red Mill gluten free pancake mix)

Step 2:
Mix each bowl of batter with different food colors of your choice. (I chose pink, orange, yellow, green and blue.)


Step 3:
Place colored batter in separate zip-lock baggies, piping bags or squeeze bottles. If using a ziplock bag or piping bag, it's easiest to place the bag into a cup. It creates a steady base while filling up the bags.



Step 4:
With each color, create a rainbow arc on a greased pan/griddle. Use one color at a time and try your best to be steady. Allow the pancakes to cook well on the first side. This will prevent the pancake from breaking or falling apart.


Step 5:

Once the pancakes are cooked, you can add clouds! This part is of course optional, but delicious! We used strawberry mousse, but other options are whipped cream, mini marshmallows, fluff etc.


O
f course couldn't help but make regular rainbow pancakes too!



15 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! :) Your blog looks great! I'm now following your posts.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm following your lovely blog too via GFC.

      Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. I love the pancakes, I bet my boys would get a kick out of them! I saw your post on MBC and following you on GFC now. I look forward to your future posts :) You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment and for checking out my blog. I'm so happy to have a new blog buddy. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I think my twins would love this. Thanks for coming by and following. I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Thank you so much for the comment and follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think anyone would be happier waking up to rainbow pancakes! how fun!!!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you very much, :) I appreciate the follow tons. I will definitely follow you back. *hugs*

      Delete
  6. Hi Momma Melly, these pancakes look really fun! Thanks for finding me on my blog, susiestampalot.com! Thought I'd pop in and see what you're up to. Following you now! Love the recipes and you're a cutie! hugs, sus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow back and comment! :) Your blog is beautiful. I will definitely be checking it out often. ♥

      Delete
  7. Love your rainbow pancake idea. The idea of using marshmallow as pink clouds is so clever. I bet that my boy will love these.

    Sometimes, I have to bake gluten free cakes and cookies for my celiac colleague. I'm following your blog for your GF recommendations.

    Hope to hear from you too at my blog :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Zoe! :) I appreciate it! If you do end up making these for your son, I'd love to see pictures. ♥

      Baking gluten free can be very tricky. If you have any question, please let me know. (I'm not a pro, but I'd love to help you out anyway possible.)

      I hope you have a great day. Can't wait to read more of your blog posts.

      Delete
  8. such a cute idea....I did this with cupcakes!!

    newest follower from Mom Blogger Club http://whybecauseimthemommy.blogspot.com/

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the follow and comment :) Isn't making rainbow food fun? haha! I hope you have a wonderful day too.♥

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...