Saturday, March 2, 2013

Homemade Bath Paints (only 3 ingredients!)

Tyson has a week long vacation from therapy. So, I've decided to plan daily activities we can both do together. (Or activities I can at least help with.) He typically hates doing anything crafty, but my goal is to get him to enjoy craft time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by the end of the week, he'll enjoy getting crafty. I also plan on including a few educational activities as well. I want to make sure he's on track when therapy starts up again.

I've seen several tutorials on how to make bath paints on Pinterest. Since Ty loves baths, I thought I would give it a shot.

Materials:

1/3 Cup tear free shampoo or body wash
2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
Food Coloring
Container to hold paint
Optional: Paint Brushes - Fingers work great too!

Side note: I used an ice cube tray to hold the paints. I left four uncolored sections so my son could create his own colors. He really enjoyed creating his own paint colors.

Instructions:

Combine 1/3 cup shampoo with 3 tablespoons cornstarch and mix well. (Add more cornstarch for a thicker consistency.) Separate mixture into small containers. Add a few drops of food coloring to each container, mix well and you're done!!

Tyson had an absolute blast playing with these homemade bath paints. One of his favorite parts was dumping the paints in the water. He was so excited to watch the colors float, and the water change color. We will definitely be doing this again. 










***

In other news, Tyson had another great play date! Yesterday a friend of mine came over for a visit with her daughter and son. She doesn't live in the area, but plans on moving home soon. (Yay, I can't wait!) Tyson had a few small meltdowns while they were visiting, but nothing extreme. I'm one proud momma! His social skills are definitely improving. Hopefully tomorrow he does well at a birthday party we are going to.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...