Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby Washcloth Cupcakes

* For a video tutorial, please visit my YouTube channel. I also demonstrate how I create sock cupcakes.*



Supplies Needed:
(Makes one washcloth cupcake)
- 1 baby washcloths
- Small rubber band(s)
- Small pom pom
- Mini cupcake liner
- Tape

Instructions:
Step 1:
Open a baby washcloth, and lay it out flat on a table. (Or any other flat surface.) Fold one side of the washcloth to meet the middle, and repeat with the other side. Then, repeat the same step one more time.

Step 2:

Create a small triangle shape with one of the ends of the washcloth. (Just fold one of the ends together until you create a small triangle.) Roll the washcloth into a rose bud shape, while allowing the triangle shape to stick out a little.

Step 3:
Secure the cupcake with tape. I placed three pieces on each of my cupcakes, but one would do the trick. (The tape will hold the cupcake in place. And, allow it to keep shape.)

Step 4:
Reshape the washcloth as needed to resemble a cupcake.

Step 5:
Place the cupcake inside a mini cupcake liner. Now, all that's left to do is put a cherry on top! Grab a mini pom pom and place a piece of scotch tape on the bottom. Place the "cherry" on the top, and you're done!

(For a little extra touch, I placed all the washcloth cupcakes in an actual cupcake box.)












18 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I love crafts like this; when I was pregnant with my first child, someone made me a diaper cake with all kinds of things stuck in and on it, and it was a nice thing to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jennifer ♥ They were so easy to make, and super inexpensive. :) I want to try out a diaper cake sometime soon. They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog! (And following) I'm following you back. These are adorable! I love creating new things. Can't wait to see more of your posts.

    Stephanie
    @http://crazylittlelovebirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Stephanie :) I love creating new things too! I'm excited to see more of your posts as well. You're very creative. ♥

      Delete
  4. This is so cute! Love them! Will bookmark this idea for new-mother gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw :) Thanks Zoe ♥ The mommy I gave these too loved them! She couldn't believe I took so much effort and time into the gift. (But, it really doesn't take time at all!) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Thank you for following me :) I'm now following you back and love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm happy to have you as a follower. :) Thank you.

      Delete
  7. These are adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog I am now following you as well! I look forward to more fun posts like this one!

    www.mendezmanor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea! Perfect, useful gift . Thank you for the inspiration! xo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so very much Maria ♥ They were fun to make, I'm very happy how they turned out. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very cute! I want to remember this for new mommy gifts too!

    New to following you from MBC!
    Danielle
    www.DaniellePender.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much huns :) I'm excited that we are blogger buddies. Can't wait to get caught up on your blogs. *hugs*

      Delete
  11. I saw this idea before and I loved it. Yours turned out so cute! This is definitely something I'd love to try one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lindsay! They are soooo easy to make. :) *hugs*

      Delete
  12. Such a cute idea! Thanks for stopping by The Doily Duck and for following me too! I am following you back :)

    xo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for the follow, and comment. *hugs*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...