Thursday, February 14, 2013

Gluten Free Sugar Cookies (With cream cheese)

I wanted to make a special Valentines day treat for an organization I help out with. I thought sugar cookies would be a great idea. My mom and I even put together a decorating station. Everyone was able to make their own personalized cookies. (It was a big hit!)One of the members cannot have white sugar, so I used brown sugar splenda. And, as you all know, my son cannot have gluten. When I stumbled upon this recipe, I thought it was perfect! The cookies turned out great, and I got tons of compliments. It's such a rewarding feeling to know others love your baking.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter (softened)
4 oz  cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar (I used Splenda brown sugar)
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend

Step 1:
In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.


Step 2:
Add sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and mix well.




Step 3:
Gradually add flour and mix until combined.


Step 4:
Covered the dough and allow it to chill in fridge.
Once the cookie dough has been thoroughly chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


Step 5:

On a floured surface, roll out dough. (I rolled my dough out to 1/4 thickness.)
Cut dough into shapes and place on a cookie sheet. (If using very detailed cookie cutter shapes, refrigerate for a few minutes. The coldness from the fridge will help the cookies keep their shape.)


Step 6:
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until set. Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before transporting to rack.




Step 7:

Decorate cookies, and enjoy!

Everyone had a blast decorating their own special cookie. They did a fantastic job, and surprisingly, my son even got involved.

Happy valentines day everyone!
Wishing you all the best,
hugs







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...