Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jello Orange Shots (For adults)

We put on a small new years get together this year. Instead of making typical jello shots, we wanted to spice it up and try something different. I decided to make orange slice jello shots! 

Side note: These shots can be made non alcoholic for the kiddies. Just add a full cup of water or juice, instead of alcohol.

Step 1:
Cut an Orange in half and remove the flesh.

Step 2:
Mix a package of jello with 1 cup hot water. Allow the jello to dissolve completely. Afterwards add 1/2 cup of cold water and a half a cup of alcohol. (I used a fruit punch vodka. You can also add more alcohol, or less. If you prefer a more fruity shot, use juice instead of water.)

Step 3:
Pour the jello mixture in the prepared orange halves and she refrigerate until set. (I would suggest overnight.)

Step 4:
Once solid the jello is firm, cut into slices and serve! (Mine aren't perfect, but not bad for my first try.)

***

I have to admit, I had a difficult time at first. I ended up puncturing the skin of a few oranges. The mixture leaked out, but I was thankfully able to save the mix and start over. If I were to do this again, I would roll the whole oranges around on a table to break the membranes. It would make it easier to get the flesh out of the orange.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...